Classical star Katherine Jenkins to make Ipswich Regent her Home Sweet Home next March
- Credit: Archant
Ten years since releasing her debut album, classical crossover star Katherine Jenkins returns to the Ipswich Regent next year.
The Welsh mezzo soprano, who has sold more than eight million albums worldwide, will be in town on March 10.
“Performing live for my fans is what I love most about being an artist,” she said.
“I’m so thrilled to be going on tour next year, getting to see you all and performing my new album. I can’t wait.”
Home Sweet Home, released on November 17 through Decca Records, sees the singer return to her classical roots.
You may also want to watch:
Produced by Patrick Hamilton and recorded at the legendary Abbey Road Studios, it features key collaborations including international star and violin virtuoso David Garrett plus British tenor Alfie Boe.
Next year’s tour will see Jenkins, who was awarded an OBE for services to music and charity in this year’s New Year’s Honours List, perform tracks off the new album plus favourites from her career.
Tickets go on sale this Friday from 10am.
- 1 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 2 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 3 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 4 A14 roundabout lanes remain closed as burst water main repaired
- 5 Stu says: He's ours now! The pick-pocket and cheese-gate - Town's 4-0 win
- 6 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 8 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 9 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 10 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
Jenkins will also play Southend’s Cliff Pavilion on March 11 as well as Cambridge Corn Exchange on February 11.