Colchester: Assumption opens at the Mercury Theatre
A NEW play which is by turns funny and poignant opens at a Colchester theatre today.
Set in rural Ireland, Assumption follows the fortunes of Gabriella, a young single girl who falls pregnant without having committed the requisite sin.
Assumption by Simon Turley is running at the Mercury Theatre Colchester from Thursday May 26 to Saturday June 11.
Artistic director Dee Evans directs a cast including Christine Absalom, Gilian Cally, Amanda Haberland, Nadia Morgan and Emily Woodward for this light, magical play about teenage love, babies, angels and assumptions.
Tickets for Assumption are priced from �8.75 and are on sale now from the box office on 01206 573948 or online at www.mercurytheatre.co.uk.
You may also want to watch:
Performance times are 7.30pm Monday to Saturday (excluding Monday May 30) with matinees on Sat May 28 at 2.30pm, Thursday June 2 at 2.30pm and Saturday June 11 2.30pm.
- 1 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 2 'A rut had set in and it needed to change... we will have got one or two wrong' - Cook on his Ipswich Town squad cull
- 3 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 4 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 5 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 6 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 7 Olly Murs in hospital after leg injury from Newmarket Nights gig
- 8 Our Ipswich Town predictions: Top scorer, best player, where they'll finish and more
- 9 Man who built outbuildings and lake without permission fined £1,300
- 10 Snape Maltings launches two new restaurants with far-reaching river views