Colchester Rollerworld is venue for London band’s new video
- Credit: Archant
A casting call to recruit keen skaters for a music video at Colchester’s iconic rollerblading venue has received 60 responses in just 24 hours.
The appeal was issued by London-based band Young Astronaut, who will film footage for their new single, Chasing El Dorado, at Rollerworld on 26 February.
And the indie group, originally from the New Forest, have said the rink, at East Gates, is “absolutely perfect” for the band’s needs.
“We were looking for somewhere which had a classic skating look. The neon lights are fantastic and it’s one of the best rinks in the UK, so we were thrilled when Rollerworld accepted our request to film there,” said band member Chris Boakes, 27.
“Colchester is a great location for us as we’re currently based in London and it’s easy enough to get to – we’re originally from the New Forest. But when we saw Rollerworld we thought it was absolutely perfect for what we need.”
You may also want to watch:
The shoot will follow the journey of a female protagonist who grows in confidence as the song progresses.
“The theme of the video is of making a decision. After quitting my job I went travelling in South America, hence the ‘frontier’. At first it was very difficult but I found my feet soon enough.
- 1 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 2 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 3 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 4 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 5 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 6 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 7 Town complete Chaplin deal as Barnsley forward becomes signing No.10
- 8 'The people of West Suffolk deserve better': Vote of no confidence for Hancock
- 9 Colchester United 3 Ipswich Town 3: Burns' late strike levels it for Town
- 10 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
“So the shoot is based loosely on that experience – the main character enters the roller rink, falls down – but over the few minutes she builds up her confidence.”
Young Astronaut is formed of four young men, including Paul Meeson, 26, Chris’ brother Pete and drummer Niko. The group have a connection Chris describes as a “brotherly alliance.”
The band’s new single will be the first released from their next album, The Gold Frontier.
“Rollerworld creates a stunning backdrop to it and we’re so excited about it,” said Chris.
“Once the footage is edited, we should be able to launch the single in April.”