Comedian Alan Davies announces Ipswich Regent gig
More than a decade since his last stand-up show, Alan Davies is returning to the comedy circuit later this year.
Following his successful tour of Australia last year, the QI and Jonathan Creek star will bring his Life is Pain show to the Ipswich Regent on December 15.
The Essex-born actor, comedian and writer was well established on the stand-up circuit before crossing over to TV.
He began performing in 1988 and in 1991 won Time Out’s Best Young Comic award. Continuing to tour the UK and Australia Davies won the Edinburgh Festival Critics’ Award for Comedy in 1994.
His other small screen roles include A Many Splintered Thing, Bob and Rose and The Brief among others.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for his Ipswich show are on sale now.
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 3 Jail for man who threatened to 'do a Raoul Moat' and kill police
- 4 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 5 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 6 'We have formed a successful partnership' - Morsy on his Evans reunion
- 7 Can Town kick on now? Predictions for the next five league games
- 8 Things to do in Suffolk this weekend with friends and family
- 9 The stats which put Bonne top of the League One charts and firmly on course for a very rare Ipswich Town milestone
- 10 Villagers call to stop 'hazardous' 5-week road closure with huge diversions