Comedian Lee Evans coming to Ipswich Regent
COMEDIAN Lee Evans will be trying out new material on Regent Theatre audiences this summer.
The special work-in-progress shows on August 2-4 come ahead of his Roadrunner arena tour of the UK and Ireland this autumn.
Born in Bristol, the comic, writer and actor now lives in Billericay, Essex. He rose to fame in the 1990s and is known for his loud, sweaty, energetic on-stage performances and physical comedy.
In 2005 he broke the world record for a solo act when he performed to 10,108 at the Manchester Evening News Arena. His Big Tour in 2008 saw him appear in front of more than half-a-million people at 59 arenas.
David Mansfield, general manager of the Regent, said: “This is fantastic news, that we’ve secured three shows. Lee is hugely popular in Ipswich and we are very much looking forward to him returning to the theatre.”
Tickets go on sale at 9.30am Monday.
- 1 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 2 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 3 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 4 Matchday Recap: Outrageous Celina wins it for Town
- 5 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 6 Nearly 150 homes to go on land no longer needed for jobs
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 8 Sunday sermon required at Portman Road... why Crewe game is 'must win' for Town
- 9 Hitchhiker died after being hit by lorry wing mirror on A143
- 10 Van driver jailed after A12 crash left motorist with life-changing injuries