Countdown to FolkEast begins with Glemham Hall launch party featuring award-winning Young’uns
- Credit: Su Anderson
A folk festival celebrating Suffolk held its official launch yesterday with around 150 people enjoying an afternoon of music, arts and food.
FolkEast marked the countdown to its fourth festival in the grounds of Glemham Hall with performances from some of its star acts, including event patrons, the award-winning Young’uns.
Some of the musicians played from a train to highlight the added shuttle buses laid on for this year’s festival by the Community Rail Partnership. Becky Marshall-Potter, who organises the festival with her husband John, said there had been a “fabulous response” to the launch.
“It’s been absolutely fantastic – an amazing way to get things going,” she added.
Other attractions included arts and crafts displays and a selection of Suffolk’s culinary delights.
You may also want to watch:
There was also a specially-brewed festival ale, the Green Jackalope, named after a mythical creature, which has become intertwined in the festival’s folklore.
FolkEast runs from August 19-21 – www.folkeast.co.uk
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 3 A14 reopens after serious crash leaves road closed for several hours
- 4 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 5 Fuller Flavour: Can we sign Bonne permanently, please?
- 6 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 7 Motorcyclist suffers serious injuries in A14 crash
- 8 Winners and Losers: The boss, two commendations, absent friends and remaining winless wonders
- 9 5 roadworks to be aware of in Suffolk this week
- 10 'We are sorry' - Council apologises for letting SEND children in Suffolk down