Everything you need to know ahead of the Countryside and Falconry Fair
- Credit: Archant
The popular fair returns to Stonham Barns this weekend and will showcase many of East Anglia’s various country-based activities.
The fair takes place this Saturday September 15 to Sunday September 15 with gates open from 10am to 6pm.
The programme for the weekend includes arena events, exhibits and ‘try-your-hand’ sports.
The Countryside & Falconry Fair has been organised by the Suffolk Owl Sanctuary as a fundraiser to support the running of its rescue and rehabilitation scheme for injured wild owls and other birds of prey.
What to expect
You may also want to watch:
One of the biggest draws of the fair will undoubtedly be the Medieval Horse & Falconry Spectacular, as horses from hit TV show ‘Game of Thrones’ will be performing at the event.
- 1 Daylight dogging makes beauty spot 'no-go area'
- 2 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 3 'It was horrific': Grandmother stuck abroad after 40ft castle fall
- 4 'We have the quality to go on and win this league' - Burns calls upon fans to keep the faith
- 5 Five star cat hotel opens near Bury St Edmunds
- 6 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project
- 7 'Keep the faith' - Town fans on poor start and what needs to change
- 8 From favourites to outsiders - odds on Town winning League One drift widely
- 9 Mike Bacon: Oh, what have we done to deserve this?
- 10 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
Other animals will also be displaying their skills at the Show Ring, with Dog Agility Teams, Heavy Horses, Falconry Displays, Racing Pigs and The Dog & Duck Show.
Exhibits and Activities
There promises to be something to please adults and children alike at the fair, from beekeeping and country crafts demonstrations to gardening for kids and wildlife conservation groups for those looking for a hands-on experience.
READ MORE: 7 Suffolk venues to explore for free during Heritage Open Days 2018There will also be the opportunity to try sports such as electronic clay pigeon shooting as well as indoor craft stalls.
Food and Shopping
There will be a food hall and bar available at the event, while a variety of stalls at the Showground will be selling country essentials such as gardening tools and local produce.
The Craft Pavilion will also provide local handmade arts and crafts and gifts.
An advance ticket, which includes a visit to The Countryside Fair and Suffolk Owl Sanctuary, costs £8.50 for adults with children and concessions £4 and a ticket for a family of 5 costing £25.
Children under four go free.
Tickets are also available on the gate at £10 for adults, £6 for children and concessions and £30 for a family ticket.
To purchase tickets and find out more information visit the Stonham Barns website.