Dame Judi Dench heading to Suffolk theatre this May
- Credit: PA
One of Britain's acting greats is coming to a Suffolk theatre in May.
Dame Judi Dench will be appearing at the Bury St Edmunds Theatre Royal on Sunday, May 29 for an afternoon of conversation.
The Q & A session will give audience members the chance to hear about the actor's 60 year career, with highlights such as her roles in the Bond franchise and in her Oscar-winning part in Shakespeare In Love.
Dame Judi said: "How lovely to be returning to Bury St Edmunds after such a long time.
"Its historic auditorium is a magical place and its rich heritage must be preserved for generations to come."
Priority tickets will be available from Monday, March 28.
The award-winning actor was born in York in 1934 and made her professional debut with the Old Vic Company in London in 1957.
- 1 Parents uproar at Suffolk school's leavers day 'cancellation'
- 2 Man dies after medical emergency near town centre
- 3 Two Suffolk beaches scoop prestigious 'Blue Flag' award
- 4 Delivery driver attacked twice by the same person near Woodbridge
- 5 Fire almost totally destroys building during blaze at car body workshop
- 6 Reeling Rams are the biggest question mark among relegated sides
- 7 Coastwatch volunteer encourages public to stay on the lookout for body parts
- 8 Five Suffolk walks with a fish and chip shop pitstop
- 9 6 gorgeous woodland escapes in Suffolk
- 10 Through trains from East Suffolk to London still a long way off
After establishing her talents in theatre productions, she went on to become a leading star in British film and has gained eight Oscar nominations during her illustrious career.