Dancing queen Ann bows out of Strictly
Ann Widdecombe has hung up her dancing shoes after being voted off Strictly Come Dancing.
The unlikely dancing queen had defied expectations to remain in the competition despite her less than graceful movements on the BBC1 show.
But the former MP was “disappointed” to fail to reach the semi-finals after a particularly disastrous performance in last night’s movie-themed show which saw her score just 14 out of a possible 40 points.
Partner Anton Du Beke managed to successfully lift “Widdy” into the air three times, but the Hello Dolly routine wasn’t enough to impress the judges or the voting public, with Alesha Dixon warning her: “I think the honeymoon is over.”
Fellow judge Bruno Tonioli went even further, telling her she looked like “a Dalek in drag” and that the dance was “more like Hello Trolley than Hello Dolly”, with Du Beke pushing her around the stage.
You may also want to watch:
Widdecombe ended up in the bottom two with EastEnders star Scott Maslen and then was chosen to be the ninth celebrity to leave the competition.
She told viewers: “I feel like I have had a jolly good time. This day was going to come, it has come, and they are delighted (the judges).
- 1 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 2 Suffolk-based former Marine found dead after 10-month disappearance
- 3 Matchday Recap: It rains goals at Portman Road as Town hit six
- 4 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 5 Delays on Orwell Bridge near Ipswich
- 6 Overturned trailer causing delays on roundabout near Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Air ambulance called to incident on Bury St Edmunds estate
- 8 Rovers bottom, Town starting to click, key men back... is this the night?
- 10 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
“It has been tremendous. Time of my life, it’s been fantastic!”