Darren Day to star in Hollyoaks
ACTOR and singer Darren Day has joined the cast of TV soap Hollyoaks as a new bad boy, it was announced today.
The West End star, who grew up in Colchester, will join the Channel 4 show next month.
Day is to play Danny Houston, the best friend of nasty Brendan Brady (Emmett J Scanlan).
Day said: “Danny is the type of character any actor would kill to play. I’ve been a fan of the show for some time and this is a very exciting time with the show’s recent re-invention.
“I’m delighted to join the cast.”
You may also want to watch:
Hollyoaks producer Paul Marquess added: “Danny Houston is a dangerous, but very charming character who makes an aggressive impact in his first episodes.
“Darren plays the part brilliantly and I’m delighted that we’re able to bring him back later this year.”
- 1 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat
- 2 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 5 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 6 7 pretty villages in Suffolk
- 7 Leisure centre closes after travellers park up on site
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Crystal Palace 1: Zaha makes Town pay the penalty
- 9 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 10 Town coach on Palace display, fans' return, transfer business and Evans' absence
He will be seen from October 11, and will make a “shocking” return later in the year.