5 dog-friendly pubs by the Suffolk coast
- Credit: Chestnut
As the weather clears up and the sun begins to shine, it's the perfect time to take the dog out for a long walk on the Suffolk coast before stopping off at the pub.
Suffolk is home to a whole selection of dog-friendly pubs – here are five that are worth visiting with your pooch.
1. The Shepherd and Dog Inn, Hollesley
The clue's in the name with this village pub.
The Shepherd and Dog Inn in Hollesley is a short drive away from the Suffolk coast and is an ideal place to stop on the way home for some pub grub and refreshments for both owner and dog.
2. The Butcher's Arms, Leiston
A quick drive inland from Thorpeness, The Butcher's Arms in Leiston is a small family-friendly hotel.
- 1 School apologises for GCSE paper error as it falls to inadequate
- 2 £1.5million project set to turn north Essex towns into giant gaming areas
- 3 'We are both in love' - Ed Sheeran announces birth of second daughter
- 4 Man identified after dog walker threatened in Sudbury
- 5 'It makes you want to cry' - anger as bench dumped in pond at country park
- 6 Andy Warren: Why keeping Sam Morsy is vital for Ipswich Town
- 7 Girl, 12, injured after having foot run over by driver
- 8 Julia Bradbury's feature on 'beautiful' Sudbury airs on This Morning today
- 9 Man caught drink driving over three times the legal limit in Suffolk town
- 10 Woman injured after car flips on its roof near Ipswich
The Butchers Arms Freehouse has a sun terrace, on-site restaurant and plenty of surrounding village walks.
3. Dolphin Inn, Thorpeness
The Dolphin Inn in Thorpeness is a short distance from the beach and is an ideal place to relax following a coastal wander.
It has a large beer garden that is perfect for dogs to chill in as the weather warms up in the coming months.
4. The Ship Inn, Dunwich
In historic Dunwich, The Ship is one of the go-to places for dog owners on the Suffolk coast.
With plenty of walking routes both in land and on the beach, The Ship is a great place to return to for a well-earned rest.
5. Westleton Crown, Westleton
The Westleton Crown is a few miles in from the Suffolk coast between Thorpeness and Southwold and is another idyllic stop for people with dogs.
There is even a dedicated dog menu with beer and wine specifically designed for four-legged friends.