Bungay Garden Market set to make blooming return
- Credit: Didy Ward
Bungay Garden Market is set to make a return this year for the first time since the pandemic began.
Following the Chelsea Flower Show’s lead, Bungay deferred its popular Garden Market from May to September and is set to take place next Sunday (September 12).
The Garden Market will have a wide variety of plants, shrubs and bulbs for gardeners to choose from.
In addition there will be lots of other garden and plant related stalls, including gardening antiques, paintings and prints and ceramics.
All of Bungay’s cafes, pubs and restaurants will be open with lots of food stalls and live music at the Butter Cross.
You may also want to watch:
The Garden Market is organised by the Bungay Events and Business Association.
Its chair, Didy Ward said: “We are trying to keep the event as safe as possible, by spacing stalls out a bit more than usual and asking everyone to try and maintain social distancing and of course it is in the open air.
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 3 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 4 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
- 5 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 6 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 7 Louis Theroux documentary on White House Farm murder premieres tonight
- 8 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 9 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema
- 10 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
"But we want everyone to have fun and enjoy the return of street markets to Bungay.”