Mini festival with a pirate ship stage finds new venue in Suffolk
- Credit: Jerry Tye
Maui Waui's upcoming Pirates Ball event has been moved to a new location.
Originally planned to take place in Ramsholt, Suffolk in May 2021, it was postponed due to covid restrictions.
The event will instead be taking place at Peakhill Farm in Theberton, near Saxmundham.
This was the location of the main Maui Waui Festival until 2021.
Organiser Silas Rayner said: "We're moving the Pirates Ball to Peakhill Farm, where the festival used to be.
"This is kind of special for us because Maui Waui was born there."
The Pirates Ball will be taking place at Peakhill Farm in Theberton, on Saturday, May 7 and tickets start from £35.
The ball will feature bands on the festival stage and DJs on the pirate ship stage. The lineup is yet to be announced.
- 1 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 2 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 3 Plans for two drive-through takeaways in Suffolk town
- 4 New landlord hopes to make Suffolk pub 'centre' of village community
- 5 The former Ipswich players looking for new clubs this summer
- 6 Woman in hospital with life-threatening injuries after serious A143 crash
- 7 Town boss McKenna adds ex-Manchester United player to coaching staff
- 8 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 9 New landlords take over award-winning pub and brewery in Suffolk village
- 10 Revealed: The top serious road crash hotspots in Suffolk
Silas added: "The ball will have circus performers and everything —It is like a mini Maui.
"Maui is like a family — only about ten percent of people asked for refunds after we postponed the event last year.
"We sell out just before the event most years because it is one of the first outdoor music events of the season."
The Pirates Ball will be taking place at Peakhill Farm in Theberton, on Saturday, May 7.
Tickets start from £35.