Where to see iconic Hurricane planes fly over Suffolk this weekend
- Credit: BBMF
The famous Hurricane planes are set to fly over Suffolk this weekend.
The iconic Second World War fighter plane will take part in a flypast for the Bardwell Jubilee Village Fete and Fun Day on Saturday, June 18.
The fete, which is being held on the village playing field in Spring Road, will start at 12pm, with the flypast is expected at 2.20pm.
The Hawker Hurricane was the most prolific fighter in the Battle of Britain and destroyed more enemy aircraft in that battle than all other fighters and ground defences combined.
It should make three passes over the Fete.
The flypast comes after the iconic Red Arrows were spotted flying over Suffolk earlier this month as part of the Queen's Platinum Jubilee.
Organisers of the fete have said they are delighted to be allocated this flypast in this Queen’s Platinum Jubilee year.
As well as the flypast there will also be other attractions at the fete including live music, lots of stalls, games, races, quick cricket and a tug-of-war to finish the afternoon at 4pm.
- 1 Unclaimed £83k winning EuroMillions lottery ticket was bought in Suffolk
- 2 'I just don't operate that way' - Town owner Steed tells it straight on first visit
- 3 'Abandoned' cottage and studio up for sale after huge renovation
- 4 Suffolk cinema to allow dog owners to bring their pets to watch films
- 5 Emergency services attending incident in Suffolk town
- 6 Police concerned for welfare of missing Suffolk man last seen two weeks ago
- 7 Former Town striker Chopra out of retirement to join non-league club
- 8 'It's going great' - New pizzeria proving a hit in east Suffolk town
- 9 The Range secures huge logistics hub at new A14 business park
- 10 Rail services disrupted after Needham Market bridge struck
Entrance to the fete is free with organisers encouraging those who want to see the flypast to get to the event in good time.
The flypast is subject to the weather.