Suffolk walking route named among best in UK by national survey
- Credit: newzulu.com
A country walk in south Suffolk has been named among the best in the country, according to a national survey.
The Flatford and Constable trail, south-west of Ipswich, was included in a Which? survey best walk in the UK.
A seven-mile trek that explores the Stour Valley and Dedham Vale areas of Suffolk's border with Essex, the Flatford and Constable trail takes ramblers on a route through the picturesque countryside and along the River Stour.
The area was originally made famous by the paintings of John Constable, England's most prominent landscape artist of the 18th century, who grew up in the village of Dedham.
The results of the survey were taken from 1,807 Which? Connect panel members in December 2021 who evaluated a list of walks under 15 miles long across the United Kingdom.
Assessed across eight categories, the walks were give a star rating out of five for the likes of scenery, wildlife and visitor facilities to give an overall percentage score.
The Flatford and Constable trail achieved an overall score of 73% and was most successful in the food and drink, places of interest and visitor facilities categories.
- 1 15 strikers that Ipswich Town could turn to for goals this summer
- 2 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 3 Plans for 20 homes in Suffolk village unanimously refused
- 4 5 miles of congestion on A14 after crash involving car and two lorries
- 5 Community sadness after death of man who was found in river
- 6 Fire crews tackle blaze for several hours at Suffolk farm
- 7 Woman freed from vehicle after car overturns near to shops
- 8 Family's support for 'mum-in-a-million' after double amputation for sepsis
- 9 Long delays on A14 near Ipswich after police called to hole in the road
- 10 Ipswich Town's 'true league standing' revealed in new survey
It was also given a difficult rating of two out of five, making it a less physically demanding option for walkers on a day out.
The results of the survey come after Suffolk was named in the Telegraph as the best place in England for a spring walk.