Do you come from an Asian background? Are you aged between nine and 13? Do you love acting? You could be the star of the latest production coming to the New Wolsey Theatre, Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
An opportunity has arisen for young actors to appear in Sir Trevor Nunn’s A Mid-Summer Night’s Dream at the New Wolsey Theatre, Ipswich.
The theatre is auditioning for two boys to play a young Indian prince in Sir Trevor Nunn’s upcoming production of Shakespeare’s classic comedy A Mid-Summer Night’s Dream.
The successful young actors will need to ebaged nine to 13 and come from an Asian background.
They will share the role of the young child adopted by Titania, Queen of the Fairies, and jealously coverted by Oberon, her fairy king suitor. They will perform on alternate nights from Thursday June 16 to Saturday July 9, with matinees on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays.
Rehearsals will take place at the HEG, next to Ipswich Museum, from 3.30pm to 7pm from June 7-10 with technical rehearsals at the New Wolsey from 2pm to 10pm on June 13-16.
You may also want to watch:
Auditions will be held on Thursday, May 26 at the New Wolsey Studio in St Georges Street, Ipswich, from 5-6.30pm.
To register your interest to audition email Sian Thomas, Creative Learning Producer
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 3 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
- 4 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 5 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 6 Boy, 13, pulled from moat at Framlingham Castle
- 8 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 9 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 10 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards