DVD of the week: How to Train Your Dragon
DELIGHTFUL family animation How to Train Your Dragon is the pick of the DVDs you can buy in the next week...
How To Train Your Dragon
Duration: 97 minutes
Genre: Family animation
You may also want to watch:
Featuring the voices of: Jay Baruchel, America Ferrera, Gerard Butler, Craig Ferguson, and Christopher Mintz-Plasse
Out to buy: Monday, November 15
- 1 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 2 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 3 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 4 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 5 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 6 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 7 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 8 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 9 Cook believes Ipswich are 'biggest and best' club in League One
- 10 More police mistakes in case of 'bubbly and funny' Emma who fell from window
Viking child Hiccup (voiced by Baruchel) has been told his whole life that dragons are evil and he grows up dreaming of the day he can stand alongside his father, tribe leader Stoick (Gerard Butler), and slay a ferocious beast.
Unfortunately, Hiccup is hardly warrior material and his father entrusts the youngster to burly blacksmith Gobber (Craig Ferguson), for training.
Meanwhile, Hiccup has befriended an injured dragon, nursed the creature back to health and even nicknamed him Toothless.
As the bond between animal and boy deepens, Hiccup questions everything he has been told. How To Train Your Dragon is a brilliantly executed and deeply touching story of one boy’s friendship with the supposed enemy.