DVD of the week: The Hairy Bikers
RICHARD Bryson’s pick of the DVDs this week is the latest offering from the popular cooking and motorbike-loving duo the Hairy Bikers.
The Hairy Bikers: Mum Knows Best (Acorn Media, �25.99)
Sometimes you wonder about their hygiene – all that hair and maybe oil from their bikes somehow getting into the food – but amiable Simon King and David Myers generally make for good watching and eating.
In this, their latest venture, Britain’s best family recipes are in danger of extinction but who can save them?
Sounds like a job for our hirsute friends on two wheels to try and save the great British recipes that have been handed down from generation to generation.
You may also want to watch:
So it is that they travel the length and breadth of the country meeting mums and discovering some highly tasty dishes that deserve to be revived.
-This series was originally screened on BBC2 and comes as a three-disc boxed set to be released in the second week of February.
- 1 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 2 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 'The culture is right' - Johnson leaves Town in good hands after whirlwind trip
- 5 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 6 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 7 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 8 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 9 Affordable homes project proposed for east Suffolk village
- 10 Town keeper Holy set for emergency loan move