Dyer to donate his fee to Ipswich charity after being confirmed in jungle line-up
- Credit: Archant
Former Ipswich Town footballer Kieron Dyer is set to donate his entire appearance fee to charity, after being confirmed in the line-up for I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here.
The ex-England international was rumoured to be heading to the celebrity jungle after being spotted in Brisbane, Australia, over the weekend, but after initially denying the reports he has today been named in the line-up for the ITV show.
Dyer told ITV he is heading to the jungle due to the fact the show is regular viewing in his household, with the 36-year-old set to donate his entire appearance fee to the Ipswich-based Jude Brady Foundation, which works to raise awareness of stillbirth and neonatal death.
“I’m A Celebrity is a favourite in our house,” he said.
“I watch it with my children and they wanted me to do it. They begged me to go on!
“I like to stir things up and I am a mickey taker. I will amuse myself and have a banter with everyone. Let’s hope they’re actually in the mood for some laughter.”
You may also want to watch:
The former midfielder will appear alongside former world champion boxer Chris Eubank, Hollyoaks actress Jorgie Porter, Dragons Den star Duncan Bannatyne and Spandeu Ballet singer Tony Hadley.
Also appearing are Union J singer George Shelley, Most Haunted’s Yvette Fielding, X-Factor dance guru Brian Friedman, writer Lady Colin Campbell and Susannah Constantine, one half of Trinny and Susannah.
- 1 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 2 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 3 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 4 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 5 Ipswich target Jacobs on his Town talks and chances of a Portman Road move
- 6 Ipswich Town appoint new strength and conditioning coach
- 7 'It's gone crazy' - Boss of Town's promotion rivals on League One spending
- 8 Mike Bacon: This Ipswich team has Paul Cook's style stamped all over it
- 9 'He's a proper footballer... hopefully he can stay around us' - praise for Town teenager Humphreys
- 10 7 pretty villages in Suffolk