Ed Sheeran appears on Channel 5’s Home and Away - could it be EastEnders next?
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk’s singing sensation Ed Sheeran tonight made a guest appearance on long-running Australian soap Home and Away.
Ed, who grew up in Framlingham, played a cameo role in the soap, set in fictional Summer Bay.
His character Teddy was one of the children long-standing cast member Marilyn Chambers was nanny to when she lived in the UK.
As the episode drew to a close, the chart-topper treated the cast - and the audience - to a special performance in The Diner.
The singer filmed the scenes for the show while on tour in Australia earlier this year.
You may also want to watch:
He has previously said of his cameo: “It’s an Australian institution. It’s always on in my local chip shop.
“I got asked to do it and it sounded like it could be fun. I did Shortland Street in New Zealand as well and I’m sure if Emmerdale or EastEnders ever ask me I would do that.”
- 1 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 2 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 3 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 4 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 5 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 6 Mike Bacon: Never delve too deeply into those pre-season results
- 7 Tourists turn to inland Suffolk as coast books up
- 8 Gill on the move again as former Town coach heads to the Championship
- 9 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 10 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region