Ed Sheeran takes on new role as a koala bear
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Suffolk star Ed Sheeran has swapped his microphone for a tree top in his latest cameo appearance in a viral video.
The 28 year old might be in the middle of his world tour but that didn’t stop him from gaining some fur and playing the part of a koala bear in a charity music video.
The music video is for an all-star environmental song by American rapper Lil Dicky, whose aim is to raise awareness of global warming through the production.
The animated video takes viewers around the globe in seven minutes and highlights all the amazing creatures the earth is home to.
It went live on Friday and has already been viewed more than 2.5 million times on Youtube - all proceeds for the track will go to charities dedicated to helping battle global warming.
Ed Sheeran appears just before the four minute mark in the video and sings: “Hi I am a Koala and I sleep all the time but, so what it’s cute.”
It isn’t the first time the star has had screen time with him featuring in Game of Thrones as a Lannister soldier.
- 1 Revealed: The most isolated villages in Suffolk
- 2 Mystery surrounds container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast
- 3 Protests against soaring fuel prices planned for Monday
- 4 Ambitious plans to regenerate 'dilapidated' part of Suffolk town revealed
- 5 One of north Suffolk's 'most productive' arable farms up for sale
- 6 Woman jailed for having sex with Ipswich schoolboy
- 7 Double-decker bus bought on eBay becomes new home for evicted Suffolk family
- 8 Ice cream kiosk at Suffolk beauty spot destroyed in arson
- 9 'I'll do whatever's in my power' - Ball makes vow to Ipswich Town fans
- 10 Suffolk museum to host military vehicle display
A number of big names feature in the video including Justin Bieber as a baboon, Ariana Grande as a zebra and Miley Cyrus as an elephant.