Ed Sheeran takes on new role as a koala bear
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Suffolk star Ed Sheeran has swapped his microphone for a tree top in his latest cameo appearance in a viral video.
The 28 year old might be in the middle of his world tour but that didn’t stop him from gaining some fur and playing the part of a koala bear in a charity music video.
The music video is for an all-star environmental song by American rapper Lil Dicky, whose aim is to raise awareness of global warming through the production.
The animated video takes viewers around the globe in seven minutes and highlights all the amazing creatures the earth is home to.
It went live on Friday and has already been viewed more than 2.5 million times on Youtube - all proceeds for the track will go to charities dedicated to helping battle global warming.
You may also want to watch:
Ed Sheeran appears just before the four minute mark in the video and sings: “Hi I am a Koala and I sleep all the time but, so what it’s cute.”
It isn’t the first time the star has had screen time with him featuring in Game of Thrones as a Lannister soldier.
- 1 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 2 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 3 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 4 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 5 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 6 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 7 Woman in master/slave relationship was asked to supply indecent images
- 8 Citroën driver taken to hospital after car comes off road
- 9 A12 clear after two-car crash at Farnham
- 10 Historic Walberswick Bell Inn closes for one week
A number of big names feature in the video including Justin Bieber as a baboon, Ariana Grande as a zebra and Miley Cyrus as an elephant.