Ed Sheeran takes on new role as a koala bear
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Suffolk star Ed Sheeran has swapped his microphone for a tree top in his latest cameo appearance in a viral video.
The 28 year old might be in the middle of his world tour but that didn’t stop him from gaining some fur and playing the part of a koala bear in a charity music video.
The music video is for an all-star environmental song by American rapper Lil Dicky, whose aim is to raise awareness of global warming through the production.
The animated video takes viewers around the globe in seven minutes and highlights all the amazing creatures the earth is home to.
It went live on Friday and has already been viewed more than 2.5 million times on Youtube - all proceeds for the track will go to charities dedicated to helping battle global warming.
You may also want to watch:
Ed Sheeran appears just before the four minute mark in the video and sings: “Hi I am a Koala and I sleep all the time but, so what it’s cute.”
It isn’t the first time the star has had screen time with him featuring in Game of Thrones as a Lannister soldier.
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 3 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 4 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Spurs loanee Parrott set to return to Blues next season
- 6 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 7 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 8 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 9 Driver who killed 'dearly loved' man, 29, in crash is jailed
A number of big names feature in the video including Justin Bieber as a baboon, Ariana Grande as a zebra and Miley Cyrus as an elephant.