Review: Elio Pace’s Billy Joel Songbook featuring David Brown, The Apex, Bury St Edmunds, Tuesday, May 8
- Credit: Archant
It was a fantastic, wonderful evening for all Billy Joel fans ... and even for those who came along to taste his music for the very first time.
Two classic albums by the American singer/songwriter performed in their entirety in one sensational show.
“Glass Houses” and “An Innocent Man” ... complete and in full.
And all with Billy’s lead guitarist on both albums; the incredible David Brown who linked up with Elio for an incredible two-and-a-half-hour show.
They were at The Apex on the second performance as part of an exclusive 10-date tour and how lucky were those fortunate enough to get a ticket to see and hear one of the most rare and incredible renditions of Billy’s songs complete with a hugely talented five-piece band.
Brown played lead guitar in Billy’s band from 1978 until 1991 and has recorded and toured with many music icons including Paul McCartney and Simon and Garfunkel and his talents were shown with great abundance particularly on “All For Leyna”.
And they came back on stage for a raucous encore of “Shameless” to an adoring audience and a worthy standing ovation.
- 1 Matchday Recap: How Town's cup defeat to Colchester played out
- 2 Firefighters tackling fire near popular Suffolk hotel and spa
- 3 Town closing in on deal for experienced defender Keogh
- 4 Smoke seen across Ipswich as crews tackle large fire
- 5 Police attending 'incident' near town centre
- 6 'Childhood dream' as opening date nears for Suffolk coastal restaurant
- 7 Popular family-run butchers announces closure
- 8 Buy the bread everyone’s raving about at new Suffolk cafe
- 9 'Quite different to traditional gyms' Suffolk gym with a difference opens
- 10 Farmer 'heartbroken' as land sees fourth fire in 10 days