Review: Elio Pace’s Billy Joel Songbook featuring David Brown, The Apex, Bury St Edmunds, Tuesday, May 8
- Credit: Archant
It was a fantastic, wonderful evening for all Billy Joel fans ... and even for those who came along to taste his music for the very first time.
Two classic albums by the American singer/songwriter performed in their entirety in one sensational show.
“Glass Houses” and “An Innocent Man” ... complete and in full.
And all with Billy’s lead guitarist on both albums; the incredible David Brown who linked up with Elio for an incredible two-and-a-half-hour show.
They were at The Apex on the second performance as part of an exclusive 10-date tour and how lucky were those fortunate enough to get a ticket to see and hear one of the most rare and incredible renditions of Billy’s songs complete with a hugely talented five-piece band.
You may also want to watch:
Brown played lead guitar in Billy’s band from 1978 until 1991 and has recorded and toured with many music icons including Paul McCartney and Simon and Garfunkel and his talents were shown with great abundance particularly on “All For Leyna”.
And they came back on stage for a raucous encore of “Shameless” to an adoring audience and a worthy standing ovation.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 3 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 4 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 5 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 6 Andy Angles: Five observations following Town's clash with Crystal Palace
- 7 'It's gone crazy' - Boss of Town's promotion rivals on League One spending
- 8 7 pretty villages in Suffolk
- 9 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 10 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood