Emotional scenes as Jack leaves Coronation Street
CORONATION Street legend Jack Duckworth is finally reunited with beloved wife Vera in moving scenes tonight as he bows out of the show.
The soap stalwart, played by Bill Tarmey, dies peacefully in the same armchair in which his wife passed away three years ago - and as he drifts in and out of consciousness she “appears” at his side.
And just as she did in life, Vera (Liz Dawn) chastises him for his scruffy appearance.
Then the couple have one final dance to the Matt Monro song Softly As I Leave You.
Moments after Jack quietly slips away, a stunned Tyrone, Molly and Connie return from the Rovers Return to find him dead in the chair.
You may also want to watch:
Coronation Street executive producer Kieran Roberts said: “Bill Tarmey and Jack Duckworth have been a huge part of Coronation Street for 30 years and, like his many millions of fans, everyone who works on the show with Bill were sad to see him go.
“That said we fully respect Bill’s decision to retire and we were determined to make sure his character’s send off was fitting for one of the show’s all-time greats.”
- 1 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 2 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 3 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 4 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 5 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 6 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 7 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 8 Town Transfer Talk: Ten in, but how many more are on the way?
- 9 Woodbridge 'cheese wedge' site goes back up for sale
- 10 Evans returns to Town side for Millwall clash