Essex pop star Olly Murs admits he’d like to be in Star Wars
- Credit: Archant
Essex singing sensation Olly Murs has said he sees himself as a “Hans Solo-type character” at the opening of a new Star Wars attraction at Disneyland Paris.
Murs, from Witham, described the character as “a bit cheeky, a bit of a rogue and I think he was a superhero in a different way”.
The X-Factor star who has sold millions of singles and albums worldwide, added: “I like his look and style – Harrison Ford was incredible as Hans Solo so I think I would like to fit the mould of him.
“Nothing could turn me to the dark side. I’m a good guy – in and out – so Solo all the way for me.”
He made the comments while at the launch of Season of the Force at Disneyland Paris, a new attraction at the theme park including a show, film and workshops for young would-be Jedi.
You may also want to watch:
Commenting on the attraction, Murs said: “To actually come here and see all the Star Wars characters was amazing, and I loved it, absolutely loved it.”
Season of the Force runs until March 26.
- 1 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 2 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 3 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 4 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 6 Shopper eschew Suffolk's smaller towns to hit Primark
- 7 'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert opens up on leaving Town
- 8 Barn goes up in flames in Suffolk village
- 9 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 10 Plans to build bungalow in pub garden refused after number of objections