Essex: V Festival 2013 stage line-up announced
- Credit: Archant
The full stage by stage breakdown and line-up day splits for this summer’s V Festival 2013 have been announced.
Kings of Leon and pop queen Beyoncé will headline the popular music festival held across the county border at Hylands Park, Chelmsford, and twin site Weston Park, in Staffordshire.
The festival’s website now shows who is playing where, with American singer Beyoncé headlining the main Virgin Media Stage in Essex, on Saturday, August 17.
A tweet from V’s Twitter also confirms the Crazy in Love singer will top the bill at Weston Park the following night.
Joining Jay-Z’s wife on the main stage will be The Script, Jessie J, Two Door Cinema Club, Paloma Faith, James, Deacon Blue and The Fratellis.
You may also want to watch:
Liam Gallagher’s band Beady Eye will also play Hylands Park on the opening night of the two-day music event.
They will headline a second stage also featuring the likes of The Courteeners, Fun., Labrinth, Of Monsters and Men, Maverick Sabre, James Arthur, Lissie, Conor Maynard and The Pigeon Detectives.
- 1 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 2 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 3 Judge heading to Ipswich exit as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 4 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 5 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 6 All 24 League One home kits ranked from worst to first
- 7 Next steps outlined for decision on A12 traffic light plans
- 8 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
- 9 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 10 Peter Andre visits Ipswich for post-lockdown haircut
The Arena Stage will see performances from Swedish House Mafia dance star Steve Angello, DJ Fresh live, Travis, Mark Owen, Katy B, Jessie Ware, Gabrielle Aplin and K-Koke.
The newly-announced Futures Stage will be headlined by Benjamin Francis Leftwich.
V2013 headliners Kings of Leon will play the Essex leg of the Virgin Media sponsored event on Sunday, August 18.
As well as the Sex on Fire rockers, the Sunday line-up at Hylands Park – and Saturday bill at Weston Park – will feature Welsh rockers Stereophonics and Brit Award-winning chart-topper Emeli Sandé.
The Vaccines, Olly Murs, Jason Mraz, Ocean Colour Scene and The Saturday are also down to play the Virgin Media Stage.
They will all play the Weston site the day before.
Chart-topping Scottish dance music supremo Calvin Harris headlines the second stage, with Rita Ora, Kendrick Lamar, Maximo Park, Rudimental, Scouting For Girls and Tom O’Dell also playing.
Basement Jaxx will be the biggest pull in the Arena Stage on the Sunday in Essex.
Jaguar Skills, Ellie Goulding, The Eels, McFly, Little Mix, 5ive and Everything Everything are also on the poster for that stage.
The Futures Stage on day two in Hylands Park will be rounded off by Jamie Cullum, with The Skints, Lucy Spraggan and Diana Vickers also down to play.
Check the V Festival website for latest ticket details.