All you need to know about the Bury St Edmunds Food and Drink Festival
- Credit: Archant
Celebrity chefs, food and drink stalls, cooking demonstrations and more will take over Bury St Edmunds this weekend.
A two-day event designed for food and drink lovers will take place this weekend. The festival will have a variety of more than 120 stalls all displaying delicious produce, celebrity chefs providing demonstrations, a farmers market, a beach, a mini-farm, and more. The event, which is organised by Our Bury St Edmunds, had 40,000 visitors last year.
The yearly Bury St Edmunds festival of food and drink will take place on August 26 and August 27. On both days events start at 10am.
Bury St Edmunds Town Centre
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town out of Trophy after shootout loss
- 2 Under-used council land to become sites for 3,000 homes
- 3 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 4 Weather warning issued as Suffolk could see snow fall tomorrow
- 5 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 6 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 7 New animal feed mill planned for Bury St Edmunds
- 8 Flood alerts issued for Suffolk coast ahead of expected high tide
- 9 Plans submitted for Suffolk equestrian centre's new home
- 10 New Ed Sheeran Christmas song with Elton John out this week
The festival is packed with exciting things to sink your teeth into but here are some key events you won’t want to miss.
On Sunday - Celebrity chef James Tanner will be holding demonstrations at The Stoves Cookery Theatre from 11am until 3.45pm.
There will also be a mini-farm on Abbeygate Street from 10.30am -3.30pm, a cocktail demonstration at The Stoves Cookery Theatre from 4pm - 4.45pm.
On Monday - Ready Steady Cook Chef, Paul Rankin, will be showing visitors how he cooks at The Stoves Cookery Theatre from 11am until 3.45pm, the popular beach will return from 10am until 5pm, and the Bury St Edmunds Farmer’s Club will be giving a cookery demonstration from 4pm-4.45pm. You can see a full list of the events taking place across the weekend here.