Ex-Marine Christopher gets Apprentice boot
Ex-Marine Christopher Farrell has become the latest candidate to be fired from The Apprentice.
The mortgage broker got the boot after his team Synergy, managed by investment banker Chris Bates, lost out to rivals Apollo in their task of selling British crisps in Germany.
Before dismissing him, Lord Sugar told him: “You do work hard, there’s no question of that.
“My concern is that you perhaps don’t have that spark of entrepreneurial genius that I’m looking for.”
Synergy lost a crucial sale when they chose to book an afternoon appointment with a major hotel chain, only for rivals Apollo to visit them first thing in the morning and win their business.
You may also want to watch:
Although team mate Jamie Lester suggested in the boardroom that he was being set-up as a fall-guy, Farrell, 28, said he held no grudges.
And he added that he still believes you can be successful in business by being ‘nice.’
- 1 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 2 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 3 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 4 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 5 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 6 New plans for village cafe, shop and business units divide opinion
- 9 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
He said: “Lord Sugar says you can’t be nice in business; that’s one thing I do disagree with him with. Nice people get far in life sometimes.’’