Ex-Marine Christopher gets Apprentice boot
Ex-Marine Christopher Farrell has become the latest candidate to be fired from The Apprentice.
The mortgage broker got the boot after his team Synergy, managed by investment banker Chris Bates, lost out to rivals Apollo in their task of selling British crisps in Germany.
Before dismissing him, Lord Sugar told him: “You do work hard, there’s no question of that.
“My concern is that you perhaps don’t have that spark of entrepreneurial genius that I’m looking for.”
Synergy lost a crucial sale when they chose to book an afternoon appointment with a major hotel chain, only for rivals Apollo to visit them first thing in the morning and win their business.
Although team mate Jamie Lester suggested in the boardroom that he was being set-up as a fall-guy, Farrell, 28, said he held no grudges.
And he added that he still believes you can be successful in business by being ‘nice.’
- 1 Field fire breaks out in 27 acres of land in east Suffolk
- 2 Noise warning issued due to late night fighter jet training over airbase
- 3 Ranking all 92 home shirts from the top four divisions
- 4 Car on fire causes A12 northbound to close
- 5 Firefighters tackle 40-acre field fire near Ipswich
- 6 Fire breaks out near Suffolk caravan park
- 7 One of the world's largest container ships anchors off coast
- 8 Driver arrested after being four times over the limit following crash
- 9 Drone pictures reveal scale of huge field fire caused by combine harvester
- 10 Huge fire breaks out in field near Ipswich
He said: “Lord Sugar says you can’t be nice in business; that’s one thing I do disagree with him with. Nice people get far in life sometimes.’’