Exciting programme for Harwich Festival of the Arts
- Credit: Archant
A Leading Lights theme has been chosen for this year’s Harwich Festival of the Arts, which returns later this month.
The visual arts take centre stage with a number of exhibitions and pop-up galleries, including the return of the Harwich Art Quarter.
There is also a programme of free lunchtime events allowing festival goers to enjoy food in one of the town’s eateries before soaking up the festival atmosphere at St Nicholas’ Church.
This year the festival has a new artistic director in Roderick Earle, and he has ensured diversity remains a key part of the programme with musical performances ranging from classical and folk to jazz and world music.
The programme kicks off with a performance from the Tendring Brass Band on the LV15 Lightship beginning at 8.30pm on Friday June 24.
You may also want to watch:
Many of the more than 30 performances and exhibitions throughout the festival, which ends on July 5, are free.
There are a number of events for children too, including storytelling and a street party for all the family in Kings Head Street on July 4.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 A14 reopens after serious crash leaves road closed for several hours
- 3 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 4 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 5 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 6 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 7 Winners and Losers: The boss, two commendations, absent friends and remaining winless wonders
- 8 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 9 600 protesters form 'human wall' to oppose Sizewell C sea defences
- 10 Motorcyclist suffers serious injuries in A14 crash
Peter Davis, chairman of the Harwich Festival of the Arts Trust, said: “The Harwich Festival is up there with the best, entertains local people and visitors alike, and puts Harwich firmly on the map.”
For a full programme and event details visit the festival website.
Tickets can be booked online or by calling the box office on 07425 145022. Entry is also available on the door.