EXCLUSIVE: McFly announce Ipswich Regent gig
POP rockers McFly are returning to the Regent Theatre next year, we can exclusively reveal.
Tom Fletcher, Danny Jones, Dougie Poynter and Harry Judd have performed in the town a number of times since forming in 2004.
They’re back on March 28 and tickets go on sale on November 26.
Right now 25-year-old drummer Judd, from Chelmsford, is busy competing in the hit BBC1 show Strictly Come Dancing alongside professional dancer Aliona Vilani.
He’s no stranger to Strictly, having won a special edition of the show for Children In Need alongside Ola Jordan.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking before the show Judd said: “I love a challenge and this will certainly be the biggest challenge I’ve taken on.”
He has a lot to live up to. Twenty-six-year-old Aliona, who is originally from Russia but moved to America when she was 13, made it to the grand final last year.
- 1 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 3 'We've got to be better - myself included' - Cook on 3-0 loss at Northampton Town
- 4 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 5 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 defeat to Northampton
- 7 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 8 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 defeat at Northampton Town
- 9 Grandfather-of-two 'died with dignity' in hospice while serving life sentence
- 10 Mega theme park plans 'could add to Essex traffic problems'
McFly’s debut album, Room On The 3rd Floor, went into the charts at number one, earning them a place in the Guinness Book of Records as the youngest band to do so – a title taken from The Beatles.
Since then they’ve gone on to release another three studio albums, Wonderland, Motion in the Ocean, Radio:Active and a greatest hits album in 2007.
They have clocked up 18 consecutive top 20 singles, seven of which reached number one in the UK singles chart and scooped a Brit Award for Best Pop Act in 2005.
Fifth studio album Above The Noise was released to huge acclaim last November, spawning the band’s biggest single to date – Shine A Light, which sold more than 300,000 in the UK.
A DVD filmed at the Wembley date of their UK Arena Tour earlier this year is due out in December and they are currently writing for their sixth studio album.