Exclusive: Tracy Beaker star in Ipswich Regent panto
Pantomime favourites Dorothy, Toto and Tinman will be back to delight Suffolk youngsters this Christmas, it has been confirmed.
Ipswich’s Regent Theatre has announced magical adventure The Wizard of Oz will enjoy a week-long run from December 17-23.
Actress Dani Harmer, star of children’s television programme The Story of Tracy Beaker, has landed the role of Dorothy in the production.
The company behind the production, Enchanted Entertainment, is promising an amazing live band, brilliant dance routines and fantastic songs.
Guy Pascall, the firm’s artistic director, said: “We’re really looking forward to coming to Ipswich with this fantastic Christmas show and can’t wait for everyone to experience our pantomime version of The Wizard of Oz.
You may also want to watch:
“We have an all-star cast including Dani Harmer, best known as TV’s Tracy Beaker, who will be playing Dorothy in the production and she’s so excited to be performing at the Ipswich Regent.
“From the moment you hear our live band strike up the first notes of the show, you know you’re in for a real treat.
- 1 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 2 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 3 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 4 Suffolk man admits owning more than 25,000 indecent images of children
- 5 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 6 Major delays tail back on to A12 after crash
- 7 Missing 66-year-old woman found in field after search
- 8 'Anywhere I can help I will' - Peter Reid joins Town in consultancy role
- 9 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 10 Tribute to Kaine, 24, at estate's new underpass mural
“This production will take the original story and give it a new pantomime twist as only Enchanted Entertainment can.
“It’s going to be great fun and wonderful festive entertainment for all the family.”
Bryony Rudkin, portfolio holder for culture at Ipswich Borough Council, said: “This Christmas the Ipswich Regent really has something for everyone.
“In addition to the Russian Ice Stars in Cinderella on Ice, we will also be presenting an all-star panto during the week before Christmas.”
“The show is the ever-popular Wizard Of Oz,” she added.
“If you missed out on a traditional Christmas panto last year, this show really is a must-see and they will have a fantastic live band.”
Dani, 22, born in Berkshire, began her acting career in the Pete Townshend rock musical Tommy before moving on to enjoy roles in The Story of Tracy Beaker and Dani’s House.
Tickets go on sale from 9.30am this Saturday, August 6.