EXCLUSIVE: Violinist Nigel Kennedy to play Ipswich Regent
VIRTUOSO violinist Nigel Kennedy is coming to the Ipswich Regent next year, we can exclusively reveal.
He will perform his new interpretation of Vivaldi’s Fours Seasons as well as his new work, the Four Elements.
The Aston Villa supporter was originally scheduled to tour the UK this September.
However, recording commitments following his new exclusive contract with Sony has seen it pushed back to January.
For more than a quarter of a century his technique and talent, as well as his humour and rock star attitude, have seen him become one of the most successful classical performers of his time.
You may also want to watch:
It was his recording of Vivaldi’s Four Seasons which won him a new army of fans, reaching the top five of the UK pop charts and earning him a place in the Guinness Book of Records as one of the biggest selling classical records of all time.
Joining him at the Regent on Tuesday, January 10, will be the Orchestra of Life and the Nigel Kennedy Band.
- 1 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 2 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 3 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston
- 4 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 5 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 6 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 7 Police cordon after man in 20s found outside Ipswich flats dies
- 8 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 home draw with MK Dons
- 9 Here's what Bristol City boss Pearson said about CEO Ashton being linked to Town
- 10 Suffolk holiday accommodation reaching capacity ahead of re-opening
Tickets go on sale from 9am this Friday.