Fans prepare for tonight’s Hobbit trilogy back-to-back showing ahead of release of Battle of Five Armies
- Credit: AP
Three films, a running time of eight and a half hours, in one sitting. Could you sit through the Hobbit marathon?
That’s what over 300 fans will be doing at Ipswich Cineworld in Cardinal Park tonight, as all three films, including the final installment, The Battle of the Five Armies released on at midnight, will be shown back-to-back.
Starting at 6pm, the trilogy runs for around 505 minutes - eight hours and 25 minutes.
One fan going along, Max Geater, 20, cannot wait to see how the epic trilogy concludes.
He said: “I am really looking forward to it. I think it will be a challenge but I am a fan of the Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit. It will be interesting to see how the three films tie together back-to-back.”
You may also want to watch:
Another, Lee Noble, 27, from Kesgrave, added: “It’s a great way to conclude the series by watching them all together. I did the same with the first two Hunger Games movies and loved it.”
Cineworld has already sold over 300 tickets for the two showings, one in IMAX and one in standard 3D, both at 6pm.
- 1 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 2 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 3 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 4 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 5 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 6 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday
- 7 Two arrested after man dies in crash
- 8 Match Ratings: How Town players performed against Wednesday
- 9 Ipswich Town 1 Sheffield Wednesday 1: Late Chaplin goal grabs Town a point
- 10 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
A spokesperson said: “Cineworld is delighted to be offering fans the chance to watch the fantastic trilogy in one, epic, back-to-back screening at Cineworld Ipswich. Customers can watch their favourite Hobbit movie moments all over again, or for some, see them for the first time, as well enjoy a special showing of the long-awaited third and final instalment.
“There really is no better way to watch the awe-inspiring battle scenes and special effects than on the big screen and we’re thrilled to be offering this opportunity to our customers,”