Fans welcome back Daniel O’Donnell
WINTER may’ve arrived with a venegence, but it won’t stop die-hard Daniel O’Donnell fans queuing for hours outside the Ipswich Regent this Saturday as tickets for his latest tour go on sale.
The Irish crooner will be at the theatre on March 27 next year. Despite being in his third decade as an entertainer, he’s never lost his passion for performing.
“It has always been a thrill to perform in the great venues that are household names or have a wonderful history. But, to be honest, it’s the people rather than the places I play in that really make the show for me. When I think back over my time on stage since the 80s, it’s the response from the audience every night that is exciting to recall,” Daniel admits.
His community spirit and innate love for people, fostered in his remote rural upbringing when the door of the cottage home was always open and a pot of tea on the go for whoever dropped in, has earned him a loyal following.
Next year he plans to release an Irish album featuring songs like Tipperary Girl, My Lovely Donegal, Red Is The Rose and I’ll Remember You Love In My Prayers which fans will know from his summer 2010 EP release.
You may also want to watch:
He still retains his teenage fascination with the charts.
“I still get a thrill out of being in the charts. It’s something I’ll never grow tired of and hope I never will. To be able to make a living in life doing something you love is a real blessing.”
- 1 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat
- 2 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 3 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 4 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 5 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 6 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 7 Ipswich Town 0 Crystal Palace 1: Zaha makes Town pay the penalty
- 8 Leisure centre closes after travellers park up on site
- 9 Town coach on Palace display, fans' return, transfer business and Evans' absence
- 10 Warnock on Town target Coulson's absence from Middlesbrough squad