Felixstowe Spa changes summer youth production from High School Musical to Little Shop of Horrors
WITH little more than a month to go, lack of a leading man has forced Felixstowe Spa Pavilion bosses to change this year’s annual Summer Youth Project.
Their production of High School Musical was due to hit the stage on August 17; but they couldn’t find somebody to play the pivotal role of Troy Bolton.
“We’ve never been in this position before; there really was no alternative but to look for another show,” said theatre manager Julie Howes.
“It had to be a show whose licence was available, where the set was available and also one that could be cast from those who’d already been given parts in High School Musical.”
But the show, as they say, must go on and the project is staging Little Shop of Horrors instead.
You may also want to watch:
One of the longest-running off-Broadway shows of all time, skid row floral assistant Seymour becomes an overnight sensation when he finds an exotic plant with a mysterious craving for fresh blood.
Audrey II soon grows into an ill-tempered, foul-mouthed, R&B-singing carnivore who offers him fame and fortune in exchange for feeding its growing appetite while preparing for global domination.
- 1 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 2 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 3 A14 reopens after one person taken to hospital following crash
- 4 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 5 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 6 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 7 Winners and losers: Hollywood ending, Bersant is back, fans get their wish
- 8 Man indecently exposes himself to dog walker
- 9 Affordable homes project proposed for Suffolk village
- 10 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
This 1950s sci-fi movies spoof, featuring a score by the song writing team of Howard Ashman and Alan Menken, is a cult classic.
“The dates have not changed, purely the title of the show. We’d like to reassure customers who have already purchased tickets for High School Musical that they will be valid for Little Shop of Horrors and that if required a full refund will be given.”
Little Shop of Horrors runs from August 17-20.