Skaters take to the ice on the coast
- Credit: Charlotte Bond
Snow was falling all around as youngsters did their best Torvill and Dean impressions in Felixstowe this week.
Families have been enjoying taking to the ice after the Felixstowe Spa Pavilion opened its own ice rink.
The synthetic rink has been set up in the pavilion's car park with skaters able to look over to the sea as they whizz around the ice.
Despite being synthetic, skaters have been enjoying real fun with special snow being dropped on the rink along with Christmas music being played.
The temporary space opened over the weekend and will stay by the coast until January 10.
You may also want to watch:
There are 20-minute and 50-minute sessions available – skates can be hired and as well as penguin riders to help younger children get to grips with the ice.
The Spa Pavilion is also offering late night skating under the lights until 9pm on Fridays and Saturdays.
- 1 Infection rates drop in Suffolk as UK records deadliest day of pandemic
- 2 Temporary mortuary to open as virus deaths continue to increase
- 3 Hadleigh rated as one of the worst areas for coronavirus deaths in England
- 4 Controversial plans that would double village in size set for approval
- 5 Infection rates continue to tumble across Suffolk and Essex
- 6 Man drove 128 miles for fish and chips in lockdown
- 7 Orwell Bridge to close as Met Office issues warning of up to 70mph winds
- 8 'That league will be like a walk in the park for him' - Fans react to Town signing midfielder Harrop
- 9 Power cut affecting almost 500 homes across Suffolk
- 10 New campaign aims to encourage residents to Discover Suffolk by making country walks fun