Felixstowe Spa unveils spring season
IT’S been a difficult year for the Spa Pavilion, but theatre bosses are excited about what they have in store for audiences in 2012.
The spring-summer shows go on sale tomorrow, with some great new acts alongside some old favourites.
“Although we’re not alone, the current economic climate has meant a difficult year for the Spa in 2011 but I’m confident we’ve put together a programme which will lift the spirits of everyone and encourage to come to the theatre more in the coming months,” said manager Julie Howes, adding prices have been kept as low as possible in these tough times.
“It includes some big names, fantastic comedy, fabulous music acts and some great sell-out kids shows”
Acts coming include comedian Jim Davidson, naturalist Nick Baker and The Sounds of the Supremes featuring Kaaren Ragland, an ex-member of original Supreme Mary Wilson’s 70s-80s group.
You may also want to watch:
Youngsters will love The Little Big Club featuring Thomas the Tank, Fireman Sam and Chris and Pui while other new shows include The Little Belter, created by Kylie Minogue’s long serving musical director Steve Anderson.
For Strictly Come Dancing fans there is an evening of dance and conversation with Katya Virshilas and her dance partner Pasha Kovalev.
- 1 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 2 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 3 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 4 Ipswich Town appoint new strength and conditioning coach
- 5 'He's a proper footballer... hopefully he can stay around us' - praise for Town teenager Humphreys
- 6 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 7 Ipswich target Jacobs on his Town talks and chances of a Portman Road move
- 8 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 9 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 10 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
And that’s just a taste of what’s waiting for visitors.
This year also sees the return of the 61st Annual Felixstowe Drama Festival to the Spa, with a programme of plays performed by amateur groups from across the UK.
Finalists will be announced at a later date and this year’s adjudicator is Jeannie Russell, a senior member of the Guild of Drama Adjudicators and a former member of its council.