Ferriers Barn in Bures to stage mini fest later this month
- Credit: Archant
A free music event is taking place on Saturday, July 28, at Ferriers Barn, in Bures.
The Ferriers Barn Mini Fest is being held between noon and 6pm at its complex in Ferriers Lane and features a variety of acts throughout the afternoon and early evening.
They include Gen Irving, Anna Bruce, Acoustic Monster, Beer Valley Drifters, Bijoux Toots and Lavendore Rogue.
There will also be a bar, a barbecue, raffle and children’s games at the event which is being sponsored by Colchester Brewery, Indigo Scaffolding, Killer Insect Pest Control and Gemstone Mortgages with all the proceeds going to Ferriers Barn and its members.
The complex has been running since 1974 as a day centre for people with disabilities.
You may also want to watch:
The barn has developed as an arts and crafts centre where members are taught and their families and carers are provided with essential respite.
Activities include woodworking, painting, gardening, mosaics and more general arts and crafts.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 'Nothing surprises me anymore' - Judge on Town departure
- 3 Why have ITFC's American owners issued £18m of new shares?
- 4 Have you seen this Suffolk pub’s new outdoor kitchen and bar?
- 5 A blow for Cook as trusted assistant Richardson gets full-time Wigan job
- 6 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 defeat at Northampton Town
- 7 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 8 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 9 Family 'devastated' after thatched cottage badly damaged in fire
- 10 Grandfather-of-two 'died with dignity' in hospice while serving life sentence
Equally important to the members is the relaxed and friendly environment the barn offers so allowing them to develop their skills in a supportive and sociable atmosphere.