Film Fixer launches Screen Suffolk project at Focus TV and film exhibition in London
- Credit: Archant
The Screen Suffolk deal which aims to bring film and TV productions to the county was officially launched at an exhibition in London on Tuesday night.
Contract holder Film Fixer joined the Focus exhibition at London’s Business Design Centre – a two-day event aimed at the TV and film production industry. And on Tuesday the best of Suffolk was showcased to top production firms in a bid to attract them to Suffolk.
Screen Suffolk director Karen Everett said: “Screen Suffolk was greeted with real enthusiasm at Focus, the international production show.
“We’ve met around 100 production professionals – all of whom agreed that Suffolk has a great offer: brilliant production base accommodation, unit basing, incredible locations, and all so close to the film cluster of London.
“Added to this, those we met today agree that Suffolk’s own talent, crews and facilities are a key attraction.”
You may also want to watch:
The deal means that companies looking to film in Suffolk will not have to negotiate with multiple authorities for permission to film, and will attract firms to both film on location, and use empty office space in the county as production offices.
When the tie-up was announced in July, councillors said the project would have a major impact on the economy, with tourism, catering and accommodation firms among those set to benefit, alongside existing Suffolk production firms.
Bentwaters owner Sarah Brown was at the launch speaking to production companies, while drinks from Suffolk brewers Adnams and Aspall were available for companies to enjoy.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat
- 2 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 3 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 4 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 5 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 6 Two people injured after car flips over in east Suffolk
- 7 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Crystal Palace 1: Zaha makes Town pay the penalty
- 9 Leisure centre closes after travellers park up on site
- 10 Warnock on Town target Coulson's absence from Middlesbrough squad
Ms Everett added: “We were really pleased to see how attractive Suffolk’s locations were considered, as we showcased them at our stand, and provided the portfolio on branded usb sticks to take away.
“Already we have had conversations about sourcing specific location requests, from those we met, as well as wider talks about realising scripts in locations across the county.
“We are very much looking forward to turning this interest into business as quickly as possible on behalf of Suffolk.”
Film Fixer won the contract earlier this year and manages filming locations in 13 London boroughs including Camden, Islington and Southwark.