Filming for new Ed Sheeran single Bloodstream takes place on Ipswich Cornhill
- Credit: Gregg Brown
Homegrown hero Ed Sheeran returned to Suffolk to record the video for new single Bloodstream.
A group of youngsters aged eight to 10 were participating in the video in the Cornhill in Ipswich at around 7pm, having filmed in other areas around Suffolk earlier in the day.
While Sheeran was not present during the evening filming, it is believed he had been around earlier in the day for filming in other locations in Suffolk.
Filming for the track is expected to continue elsewhere in the town on Tuesday.
Sheeran is notorious for rarely appearing in videos for his songs, with no indication as to whether he would feature in the new video despite his Suffolk roots.
You may also want to watch:
The song Bloodstream, is set to be released on March 29, as a joint single with Rudimental who remixed the song, and will be Sheeran’s fourth single from the album X.
Sheeran has previously said in an interview with Spotify that the song is about an experience he had in Ibiza, where he bizarrely claimed he felt like he had fallen in love with beanbags.
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 Can Town kick on now? Predictions for the next five league games
- 3 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 4 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 5 Jail for man who threatened to 'do a Raoul Moat' and kill police
- 6 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 7 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- 8 'We have formed a successful partnership' - Morsy on his Evans reunion
- 9 Suffolk shops struggling to secure fresh meat as CO2 concerns deepen
- 10 Things to do in Suffolk this weekend with friends and family
Yesterday the Framlingham-raised singer/songwriter tweeted “Bloodstream video coming soon”.
In May last year, Sheeran hit the headlines when he returned to Ipswich to play a secret intimate gig at The Steamboat Tavern, as part of a one day tour encapsulating London and Dublin too.
Sheeran had also notably performed to a packed out crowd outside The Swan, just behind the Cornhill in King’s Street in November 2010.