First music festival planned for Mannings Amusements
- Credit: Archant
Live music venue plans at the new seafront Copas Bar, Felixstowe
More live music is coming to Felixstowe.
Plans have revealed to make the seafront Copas Bar in Felixstowe an all-year-round live music venue.
The first floor bar, at the front of Mannings Amusements park, already has a number of live acts and entertainers booked for February.
Owner Charles Manning said: “We want the Copas Bar to be the go-to place for live entertainment in Felixstowe, with live bands and themed nights including funk and soul.
You may also want to watch:
“There are also burlesque nights and a music festival, Beach Fest, in May.”
Each month they ill also choose a local charity to support, with February being in aid of East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH).
- 1 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 2 Car stranded in ditch after crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 4 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 5 North Stander: Nowhere near good enough at this stage of the season
- 6 'There are a million pundits... it becomes tedious' - Cook on Portsmouth trip
- 7 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 8 3,000 children test positive for Covid in Suffolk over 10 day period
- 9 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 10 2,000 patients visit A&E because they are feeling depressed
A funk band will be performing on Saturday, February 3 with lead singer Vania Lima.
Singer/songwriter James Nunn entertains on February 10, and there is soul music from MJ Soul on February 17 and Felixstowe’s own Josh Locke entertains on Saturday, February 24.
Charles added: “We want there to be live entertainment in the venue all year round, and private ticket events too.
“We are already planning the line-up of acts through March.”
Further ahead he revealed there are plans for the first-ever music festival at Mannings Amusements, in association with the Copas Bar.
“Beach Fest will be over Star Wars Bank Holiday weekend - starting on May 4, with live music on the Friday and Saturday.
“The plan is to have a range of live music through the day and the evenings, with family entertainment during the day.
“Then, later on, we will have a `silent disco’ - with people with wearing headphones - so as not to annoy our neighbours.
“We are already talking to organisers about the event.
“This is an entertainment centre and we have the staff and expertise to run the festival.
“It is a secure site and it will be a ticket only event.
“We are really excited. This really is a first for Felixstowe and another big attraction for the town.
“Felixstowe really is on the up-and-up as a destination.”