'We're out of hibernation' - Beccles Food and Drink Festival is back
- Credit: Mick Howes
It has been a roaring success at this year's Beccles Food and Drink Festival after a difficult 17 months due to Covid.
Happy and smiling faces could be seen across this year's event which hosted 50 to 60 stalls on Saturday, August 14.
Paul Parravanni, organiser of the festival, said it was great to return.
He said: "We're out of hibernation with the sun shining and lots of happy smiling faces around town.
"It is the first big event back in Beccles this year and has been great for local businesses and the park and ride down at the Quay has meant congestion was avoided in the town centre.
You may also want to watch:
"It is also a great chance for local food and drink producers around the area as well.
"We are excited to say that Beccles Food and Drink festival will return on May 28, 2022.
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 3 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 4 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 5 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 6 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 7 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 8 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema
- 9 Louis Theroux documentary on White House Farm murder premieres tonight
- 10 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
"Of course a massive thank you to Reverend Richard Henderson, Beccles Lions and BACT community bus and to Clinks Care Farm for being the Mayor's winner."