Colchester Food and Drink Festival returns with new Prosecco bar
- Credit: Archant
The Colchester Food and Drink Festival is set to return for its 17th year at Castle Park with a new Prosecco bar and free parking.
The festival will see the return of lots of favourite stalls as well as some new and exciting ones this weekend, June 26-27 between 10.30am-5pm.
There will be something for everyone with local and international food and drink on offer.
Don Quinn, one of the festival directors, said: "We created this event around the current Covid restrictions so the delay in the total lifting of restrictions does not affect the overall plan. This will be a wonderful outdoor event in a glorious park, one of the most beautiful in the UK.
"We have created wide boulevards with a one way system, wider for instance than town centre paths.
You may also want to watch:
"We have a large open area for picnicking from the huge range of hot and cold food on offer.”
Tickets cost £5 per adult with U14s going free. Organisers also want people to buy tickets with confidence as they are refundable if the event is cancelled.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 3 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 4 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 5 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 6 'It could do us the world of good... it brings everyone down to earth with a little bit of a bump' - Cook on Millwall loss
- 7 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 9 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 10 Warnock and Dijon boss give updates on Town targets Coulson and Celina
Free parking for customers will be available in Kings Meadow.