Laxfield Low House to host Oktoberfest
- Credit: Gregg Brown
One of Suffolk's best-known pubs is set to host its own version of Oktoberfest.
The Laxfield Low House, or Kings Head, will be running the event on September 4.
It will feature beers from The Krafty Braumeister, an award-winning German brewery based in Leiston, and an oompah band called the The Bavarian Strollers.
Uli Schiefelbein, owner of The Krafty Braumeister, said contrary to its name Oktoberfest is traditionally held in September.
He said: "If you've never been to an Oktoberfest, you can expect the oompah which will entertain people — making them sit down, stand up, sit down and do funny things with the music.
You may also want to watch:
"They can also expect German beer, bratwurst and other German snacks.
"[The pub] has dared to do this and I really hope people will like it."
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 3 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 4 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 5 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 6 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday
- 8 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 9 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 10 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema
The event will run from noon until 11.45pm, but tickets are only required from 7pm onwards. Tickets are £12.50 and can be purchased from the Low House.