Masterchef finalist launches new menu at Woodbridge restaurant
- Credit: The Crown
A Masterchef finalist has launched a new menu as he takes up a new role at a Woodbridge restaurant.
Sci Daniels, newly-appointed head chef at The Crown, is promising a menu that appeals to both "taste buds and eyes alike".
Mr Daniels has been in the industry for 30 years and got to the final in series nine of Masterchef: The Professionals, losing out to winner Gary Maclean.
Originally from Suffolk, the chef is bringing his expertise home and is launching a new menu to the east Suffolk restaurant.
The new menu comes with an array of tongue-in-cheek names as well as some being dedicated to local dignitaries and the monarchy.
Dishes include a spin on eggs royale called Eggs Seckford which is served with mousseline sauce and bacon and speciality burger The Royale with Cheese which comes with a beef, bone marrow and truffle patty.
David Scott, chief executive officer for The Hotel Folk Group, which owns The Crown at Woodbridge, said: “I have no doubt that this is the first of many menus that Sci will create to inspire and excite guests.
- 1 Kray twins' Suffolk mansion up for sale with £2.25m price tag
- 2 Do you have one of Suffolk’s oldest surnames?
- 3 Decision day nears for village pub over karaoke noise complaints
- 4 Stuart Watson: Why I'd stick with Davis and Harness at Forest Green
- 5 Notcutts snaps up Huntingdon garden centre as it goes for growth
- 6 McKenna considers loans for Ndaba and Humphreys
- 7 Man who stabbed a fox with a pitchfork handed suspended sentence
- 8 Concern as woman, 31, goes missing from east Suffolk
- 9 'Charmingly eccentric' Suffolk vineyard named one of the best in England
- 10 Man suffers brain bleed after car fails to stop at crash
"We’re absolutely dedicated to ensuring that The Crown at Woodbridge is a place that is front of mind when deciding where to dine, and I am convinced that the quality of food on these menus will do just that.”