Framlingham: Singer-songwriter Ed Sheeran shortlisted for Ivor Novello Award
SUFFOLK’S singer-songwriter sensation Ed Sheeran is in line to scoop yet another top honour.
The 21-year-old from Framlingham has been nominated in the Best Song Musically and Lyrically category for this year’s Ivor Novello Awards.
However his track The A Team faces stiff opposition from chart topper Adele and the popular Florence + The Machine.
Ed, who went to Thomas Mills High School in Framlingham, is no stranger to success. Earlier this year he won two Brit awards and his number one album + has spawned a number of hits.
Posting a message on social networking website Twitter he said he was “absolutely ecstatic” to learn of his most recent nomination.
The Ivor Novello Awards - now in their 57th year - are highly prized because they are voted for by songwriters and composers.
The winners will be announced at a ceremony at the Grosvenor House Hotel, central London, on Thursday, May 17, where a number of honorary awards will also be handed out.
- 1 Glamping pods and shepherd huts proposed in holiday site expansion
- 2 Ipswich Town sign Brentford full-back Thompson on loan
- 3 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 4 Look inside 'immaculately presented' property with own bar and heated pool
- 5 Lorry carrying mobile unit pulled over on A14 for being too wide
- 6 Town reject bid for midfielder Fraser but no Matete move
- 7 Police apology after cars accidentally damaged by stinger device on A14
- 8 McKenna on offers for Harper and El Mizouni and Fraser's Town future
- 9 Adventure Golf attraction set to make way for new homes
- 10 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
Singer-songwriter Adele leads the field for this year’s Ivor Novello Awards.
Her track Rolling In The Deep is nominated for Best Song Musically and Lyrically, while her album 21 is in the running for Best Album.
She has also dominated the category for the most performed track of 2011 with two out of three songs - Rolling In The Deep and Someone Like You - on the shortlist.