Framlingham: Singer-songwriter Ed Sheeran shortlisted for Ivor Novello Award
SUFFOLK’S singer-songwriter sensation Ed Sheeran is in line to scoop yet another top honour.
The 21-year-old from Framlingham has been nominated in the Best Song Musically and Lyrically category for this year’s Ivor Novello Awards.
However his track The A Team faces stiff opposition from chart topper Adele and the popular Florence + The Machine.
Ed, who went to Thomas Mills High School in Framlingham, is no stranger to success. Earlier this year he won two Brit awards and his number one album + has spawned a number of hits.
Posting a message on social networking website Twitter he said he was “absolutely ecstatic” to learn of his most recent nomination.
You may also want to watch:
The Ivor Novello Awards - now in their 57th year - are highly prized because they are voted for by songwriters and composers.
The winners will be announced at a ceremony at the Grosvenor House Hotel, central London, on Thursday, May 17, where a number of honorary awards will also be handed out.
- 1 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 2 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 3 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 4 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 5 Judge heading to Ipswich exit as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 6 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 7 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
- 8 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
- 9 Next steps outlined for decision on A12 traffic light plans
Singer-songwriter Adele leads the field for this year’s Ivor Novello Awards.
Her track Rolling In The Deep is nominated for Best Song Musically and Lyrically, while her album 21 is in the running for Best Album.
She has also dominated the category for the most performed track of 2011 with two out of three songs - Rolling In The Deep and Someone Like You - on the shortlist.