Framlingham: Singer-songwriter Ed Sheeran tops US music chart
IT is a feat only a few musical heavyweights have achieved.
But now Framlingham’s singer-songwriter Ed Sheeran can claim to be among pop’s elite.
The 21-year-old has followed in the footsteps of legendary groups including The Beatles and Rolling Stones after conquering one of the music industry’s toughest markets.
The former Thomas Mills High School student is currently sitting pretty on top of the official iTunes album charts in both the US and Canada.
The deluxe version of the Asylum/Atlantic-signed artist’s LP + is number one in the US, with the regular version of the album holding firm at number 25.
You may also want to watch:
The deluxe edition is also currently top of the official Canada iTunes chart, while the regular edition is sitting at number 11.
The regular version of Sheeran’s album is currently number 12 on the UK iTunes chart, with the Deluxe Version at number 24.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 4 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 5 Donacien on his Ipswich Town future and why he wears the No.44 shirt
- 6 Goals, vision and chats with a legend - how Town's loan stars are doing
- 7 Man left with serious injuries after late-night attack in town centre
- 8 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 9 Suffolk braced for Indian summer before forecast showers next week
- 10 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
Commenting on reaching number one in the US, Sheeran said on social networking website Twitter: “Oh my word!! My album is -#1 on USA iTunes!,!,!! so happy right now.”