Framsden: Laura Wright mentors Poppy Girls before meeting Duchess of Cambridge and Prince William as they record official Poppy Appeal single
- Credit: Archant
A former Suffolk schoolgirl who has grown up to become a chart-topping classical artists has been mentoring the young singers at the forefront of this year’s Poppy Appeal.
Soprano sensation Laura Wright, 23, was on the judging team behind the Poppy Girls - the five girl group which recorded the appeal’s official charity single - and has also been performing alongside the talented youngsters in support of the cause.
Laura, who rose to fame with teenage vocal quartet All Angels, has been a dedicated supporter of the Royal British Legion’s Appeal for the last three years and is particularly enthusiastic about her involvement with the Poppy Girls.
“They are so excited about the single and this is such a fantastic opportunity for them,” she said.
“It’s also been a really lovely experience for me too - I love working with young kids and I think they are five fantastic girls, they are so passionate about singing and supporting the appeal, which means so much to them, each having family in the services.”
You may also want to watch:
The Poppy Girls have been promoting their single The Call (No Need to Say Goodbye) through a series of high profile meetings with the likes of the Prime Minster David Cameron and the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Prince William and Kate Middleton.
Laura, who grew up in Framsden and attended Framlingham College, has been helping the girls throughout the daunting experience, having gone through a similarly rapid rise to fame as a 15-year-old.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 A14 reopens after serious crash leaves road closed for several hours
- 3 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 4 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 5 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 6 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 7 Winners and Losers: The boss, two commendations, absent friends and remaining winless wonders
- 8 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 9 600 protesters form 'human wall' to oppose Sizewell C sea defences
- 10 Motorcyclist suffers serious injuries in A14 crash
They performed together earlier today at Covent Garden, the same venue where Laura kicked off last year’s official Poppy Day alongside the model Nell McAndrew.