Frankie Boyle and Russell Kane headline V Festival Glee Club Comedy Tent
- Credit: PA
Controversial comic Frankie Boyle has been announced at one of the headliners for The Glee Club Comedy Tent at this year’s V Festival.
Controversial comic Frankie Boyle has been announced as one of the headliners for The Glee Club Comedy Tent at this year’s V Festival.
The Scotsman will be leading the laughs alongside fellow festival debutant and Essex boy Russell Kane.
Kane said: “I can’t believe I’m headlining the V Festival Glee Club Comedy Tent. I will celebrate afterwards by heading straight to the dance tent and throwing myself around to techno music like a tribal chief beating a drum.”
Joining the duo is a range of comedians guaranteed to bring some side-splitting humour to the fifth stage.
You may also want to watch:
They include Seann Walsh, Shappi Khorsandi, making her second appearance at the Virgin Media event; Nick Helm and Gary Delaney.
Khorsandi added: “Sadly, rock stardom didn’t happen for me so performing at V Festival’s Glee Club Comedy Tent is the very next best thing.”
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 4 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 5 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 7 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 8 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 9 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 10 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
Walsh said he was looking forward to the two-day festival, but not the few days after it, adding: “I’m both excited and terrified. Oh God.”
Other comedians joining Boyle, Kane, Walsh, Helm, Khorsandi and Delaney at Hylands Park, Chelmsford, on August 22-23 will be revealed over the coming months.
Musical acts already announced include Kasabian, Sam Smith, Olly Murs, Hozier, Courteeners, Annie Mac, Nero, Tom Jones, Calvin Harris, Stereo-phonics, The Script, Ellie Goulding, George Ezra, Clean Bandit, The Kooks and Paloma Faith.
Tickets are available now via www.vfestival.com
For the latest entertainment and what’s on news, don’t miss your essential Event guide, every Friday in the East Anglian Daily Times.