Frinton: Theatre is casting its net wide as it seeks actors to star alongside the likes of Richard Wilson and Vicki Michelle
- Credit: Archant
A casting call has gone out for professional actors and aspiring youngsters who would like to take to the stage.
Frinton Summer Theatre is offering the chance to appear in its 75th anniversary season.
The theatre has teamed up with Clacton’s Princes Theatre to hold an open workshop and audition day later this month.
There will be two sessions on March 29. The first will involve an open workshop ahead of auditions in April and is for professional actors who want to star alongside such famous names as Richard Wilson and Vicki Michelle – who are both appearing at Frinton this summer.
Then in the second session there is a chance for those who are in Years Nine, 10 or 11 at school to turn up and try out for a role in the opening play of the season.
You may also want to watch:
Those taking part must have good availability outside school hours from July 7-19.
The first session runs from 9.30am with registration taking place at 9am. The second starts at 2.30pm, with registration opening at 2pm.
- 1 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 4 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 5 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 6 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 7 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 8 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 9 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
Mark Platt, Tendring District Council’s cabinet member for tourism, events and leisure, said it was “a fantastic opportunity not to be missed”.
“We are delighted to be able to offer the Princes Theatre as a venue for these auditions and who knows it might just turn up a star of the future,” he said.