Gallery: Alexandra Burke’s special message to Ipswich fans after incredible performance
IPSWICH: She’s a global star who has performed on stages from London to Los Angeles to New York.
She’s a global star who has performed on stages from London to Los Angeles to New York.
But last night Alexandra Burke had two things on her mind - the Regent Theatre in Ipswich and her army of fans in the town.
Tweeting after her energetic performance, which included hits such as Bad Boys, the 22-year-old said: “Ipswich - you guys showed some serious love tonight !!!! So so emotional. I have had the best experience of my life.”
The 2008 XFactor winner wowed an audience of hundreds at the St Helen’s Street venue last night with her stunning dance routines and that incredible voice which blew away Simon Cowell two years ago.
You may also want to watch:
But while Miss Burke showed she’s definitely a star, the London native proved she’s no diva.
Despite running from the her concert to do a DJ set at a private party, the singer still had time to acknowledge her loyal fans in the town of Ipswich.
- 1 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 2 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 4 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 5 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 6 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 7 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 8 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 9 'I am delighted to be joining. There is a lot of hard work that lies ahead' - Town's new CEO Ashton confirmed
- 10 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
Queues to see the singer stretched for several hundred yards as fans young and old turned up in force.
A show by the chart-topping songstress had originally been scheduled for January 22, but had to be postponed due to building work at the venue.
However fans were not to be disappointed this time around as Miss Burke belted out a variety of hits including Hallelujah, All Night Long and Start Without You.
Before the gig kicked off, scores gathered in anticipation outside the venue.
Hayley Lucas, 19, from Ipswich, said: “I’m a very big fan of hers and have been looking forward for this for weeks.
“It’s really good that such a big name who is known world-wide can be attracted to come and perform in Ipswich.”
Gemma Blake, 21, from Felixstowe, added: “It was disappointing after the first performance was cancelled, but I’m sure it will be worth the wait.
“She’s a fantastic singer and likes to put on a show, so I’m sure everyone here will have great night.”
Jamie Gray, 23, said: “I’m here with my girlfriend and some friends. They’re bigger fans than I am, but I’m actually quite looking forward to it.
“She sings songs that you dance around to, so I’m hopeful that we’re going to have a good time.”
A spokesman for the theatre said: “The Regent Theatre are grateful to Alexandra, her management and promoters for rescheduling the date.
“The theatre is delighted that her fans in Ipswich and Suffolk will still be able to experience her superb touring show.”
For more information about performances at the Regent Theatre, visit the venue’s website www.ipswichregent.com Ipswich Regent Box Office on 01473 433100.